have probably been the saddest but most thankful I've ever had. My Dad's 2nd oldest sister, Kelly, who was only 46 passed away on Friday night. She was diagnosed with cancer and scleroderma a few months ago and was undergoing alternative treatments for the cancer as it had already spread throughout most of her body. I was fortunate enough to go home a month or so ago and see her and spend a little time with her. I knew that if things took a bad turn that I wouldn't be able to afford to go home last minute. I'm so thankful that I had her in my life and I know her husband and kids are going to miss her so much. Everyone always says kind things after someone passes away but, Kelly truly was one of the kindest people you could have ever met. She was so beautiful and unaware of it. She would do anything that you asked her to. She didn't want anyone to go out of there way for her but she was always willing to for you. I can't say enough to really let you know what kind of wonderful Christian woman she was.
Times like this are what make being in the military so hard. But every time I get sad, this amazing little face knows to come and cheer me up
And yes, he is wearing Christmas pajamas. His Daddy thinks I am a crazy person for putting them on him. I just love Christmas and want it to last as long as possible. If I could, I would already be decorating. I guess I will just have to stick with Eli's p.j.'s until the day after Thanksgiving when Daniel thinks it is "acceptable" to start decorating. :)
I think I already know what we are getting Eli for Christmas...
He has been playing with this water jug for about 2 weeks now... It's kind disappointing since he has about a million toys that cover the floor of our living room plus his play room.
And just now as I am typing this I realize that today my baby boy is 9 months old. Look at how much he has changed...
He was only 1 week old here :)
He was the fuzziest baby I had ever seen!!!
I never would have thought that my little baby with straight jet black hair would turn out to be a little curly haired blondie(ish).
At 9 months old Eli:
has 5 teeth; can say, "mama" and "bah bah"; can almost stand on his own; KNOWS what he does and does not want to do; feeds himself finger foods; holds his sippy cup and bottle; still loves bath time; dances anytime he hears music and just so much more. I always thought he would stay a tiny little baby. He still wants to be rocked to sleep and that is OK with me. I will rock him as long as he will let me!
Happy 9 months, Eli!
1 comments:
Now that I see Eli is wearing his Christmas pj's, I'm breaking out Avery Claire's!
Post a Comment