Monday, December 6, 2010

*Surprises*

Can someone please tell me that I am not the only person in the world who hates surprises?? OK, let me rephrase that... If I know that I have a surprise coming, I hate it (the anticipation). HATE. I would rather not know that there is anything coming my way. Daniel has received birthday presents a week in advance just because I had already bought it and couldn't stand the wait any longer than it took me to get home from the store and wrap the gift. If we don't discuss that he has already bought me something for Christmas or whatever the occasion, it doesn't bother me. But if he tells me that he has something already or is thinking about it, I will drive him crazy with questions of yes or no nature, colors, sizes, shapes, brand, material... Usually he gets extremely irritated and tells me and I'm all happy knowing and he's pissed from the 20 million questions he's been bombarded with.
I hope that as Eli gets older I get better with surprises. I'm so excited about Christmas this year just because of him. I know he probably won't care for longer than 5 minutes about the toys we got him, but I can't wait! Thankfully for me, we are going home to Alabama for Christmas on the 19th so we will be doing our Christmas here before then. Maybe this weekend so he will have time to enjoy the new toys for a week? I can only hope! We'll see what the one who does love surprises thinks...

1 comments:

Leigh said...

I am the exact same way....and I don't like to have to prepare my reaction for the surprises....my people never give in and tell me what I am getting!! :)