
This past Saturday we had Eli's Christmas since we are leaving this Sunday to go home to Alabama! We I wanted to make sure that Eli got to play with his toys all week instead of waiting until this Saturday giving him only 1 day to play with all his new and amazing goodies. That morning Eli woke us around 8 and we laid in bed and snuggled and tickled and wrestled around until we were all ready to get up. I ran into the living room to turn on the Christmas tree lights and pull out the video camera to get Eli's sweet expression as he noticed all the toys that weren't there the night before. I would love to post the video on here of him as he kicked his way out of his daddy's arms and crawled as fast as he could to his Mickey Mouse poking out of his stocking. Touching one toy and the next, smiling in all his sweet baby Christmas glory. I really would. But smart Mommy didn't push the record button. What... an idiot.
It truly was how I had imagined it. And as a new mommy, a lot of things I imagine just aren't so. This was perfect. I still can't get over it... Oh well. I will never forget it whether or not it's recorded on video, it's in my crazy brain.
Eli got lots of great new things. He did a great job unwrapping presents. We only wrapped 3 and had the rest sitting out, thank goodness. It took about 30 minutes just to get those couple toys all out of their high security cardboard boxes. Eli didn't mind. He pushes his little trucks around, loved on his Mickey Mouse, tried his little hand at his new xylophone and knocked down his new set of stacking and nesting blocks.
Finally we introduced Eli to the greatest thing this child has ever known: Cozy Coupe. Daniel and I both had one as children and now that they have a floorboard he can sit in it without falling out! We have pushed that child around our house I know a million times since Saturday morning. He loves it! I make "car noises" as we travel through the house and he has started picking up on it and making them himself. One thing I didn't think through was that I am the only one here during the day to push him around... Gets a little boring and repetitive, and as soon as I stop he gets upset. But this is definitely what I wanted. I knew he would love it and he does.
Needless to say Eli had a wonderful 1st Christmas. Now we have two more, one and each of our parents' house. Here are a few pictures from our Christmas morning!
(please excuse his wild hair and runny nose!)
1 comments:
Oh what fun! The memories you have in your head are way better than any video!! I hope he enjoys the rest of his Christmases as much as his first! :)
Post a Comment