Friday, January 14, 2011

Quarter 'til Midnight

It's a quarter until midnight and my sweet little family and I are all snuggled in the living room watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We arrived in London at 11:30 am local time on the 13th (5:30 am AL time). Thankfully Eli slept the whole flight, from 9 PM Chicago time until right before we landed... So it was like he got a full nights sleep. He slept most of the car ride home and then went to sleep that night at 9 pm. This morning we slept until noon!!! AND we napped this afternoon. (I'm thinking I covered this in my blog earlier today but I am tired and can't remember and I am to lazy to open another tab to check it out. So, sorry if you feel like you're reading the same story twice.) His eyes are starting to look heavy so maybe we'll be hitting the sack soon.
I really hate the process of unpacking but hopefully I will have the motivation and energy to do so tomorrow. I also need to do lots of grocery shopping since it's been just a bachelor living here the past couple weeks. All that we have is Cap'n Crunch with the berries and milk. No thanks. Wait, I take that back. There is also a large bowl of week and a half old spaghetti that he made himself. I smell it every time I open the fridge and literally gag. Gotta clean that junk out.
Also, just realized I am 10 weeks along with New Baby. I still haven't had an appointment. I went to meet Dr Sullivan (I will be using him while we are home) in Alex City while we were home and have my first appointment with him but our TriCare (military insurance) is set for Europe or something crazy like that. I would had to of changed it and then again when we got back here so I just decided to wait. I was really excited about getting to see it for the first time and hear the heart beat... Oh well, next Wednesday we have a "pre-appointment" with a few other pregnant women and I guess we will schedule our first one there? They do everything extremely weird here. It's nearly impossible to ever get Eli an appointment with the pediatrics office. You can only call 24 hours in advance for those last minute appointments and they are always filled up. I do love traveling and seeing things we've never seen before but the conveniences of the states are truly missed and will be greatly appreciated when we return.
OK, this momma is tired. Too bad Eli isn't.

0 comments: