Sunday, February 27, 2011

Firsts....

I feel like a lot of firsts go unnoticed for the little ones sometimes.
Of course the first time E tried solids, sat up, crawled, got a haircut, stood alone and walked are all recorded. But something happened for the first time the other night.
It was like any other night and we were in the bathroom, E was in the tub, playing like normal. He got a funny look on his face. I laughed and said, "What's that about stinky butt." Yes, that is his nick name a good bit of the time. I really should come up with something a little nicer. But, stinky butt was extremely appropriate for the occasion.
Eli pooped in the tub.
As I still had not realized what had happened, Eli arose to examine what had just happen.
This was his first time, remember.
And he knew something wasn't right going on down there.
Once the child stood up, the Kraken was released. (Clash of the Titans reference for yah)
I won't go into much detail, but what grown up stuff and baby stuff do in water are two completely different things. I grabbed Eli out as soon as I realized what had happened and washed him off in the shower. After Eli was cleaned off, I just stood over the tub, wandering how I was going to take care of this. I considered leaving it there over the next week for Daniel to take care of... No, not really. But I didn't want to deal with it.
I will save you the details of my fishing expedition. But if you find yourself in this predicament, let me know. I have some tips for you...
Oh the "firsts" of precious little ones... that will not make the baby book. :)

1 comments:

Heather said...

This had me laughing out loud! I can remember the first time my oldest daughter pooped in the tub. Quite a learning experience for me!