Last night I was cleaning the kitchen up and Daniel was talking to me, I noticed Eli running around from room to room. It's amazing how quickly he picked up on walking. He just started one day and kept going. Now if/when he falls, he gets right back up and keeps going. To begin with he would crawl since he was already on the floor. We kind of laughed at his tired little body roaming around trying to get into something to keep him awake. I asked Daniel if he could remember a time before Eli. Must be easier for dads because all I could remember was thinking my dogs were my world. His reply was that we went to the movies a lot and wasted a lot of money.
Ooooh. Yeah. Now I remember.
We seriously hit the theater at least twice a week. We had about as much money left over at the end of every month as we do now. How is that possible? What did we buy? I really can't even tell you... probably food. We did eat out a good bit, especially towards the end of my pregnancy. But it's just so weird to think that we are spending as much or maybe even less than we use to.
Oh yea, it's that budget thing we do now.
I really do miss hitting up the movies as often as we use to.
Today I logged onto IMDB to see what was coming out in the states. The Red Riding Hood trailer looks AMAZING! Someone please watch it and let me know what you think. I like kids stories turned darker adult-ish movies. I don't want to know who the big bad wolf is, so don't tell me! Hopefully it will be out to rent by the time we are back in the states.
A couple of random things I don't want to use a whole blog on:
We have picked out a name! Christopher Andrew Land and we'll call him Drew. I'm not big on "nick names" but I love the name Drew and to me it just didn't sound right all together without the "An." Kind of the way we did Elijah. It needed more substance (I guess you would call it that) when you say the full name. But for boys I really like the short one syllable names.
We've decided since the boys (I love saying that...the boys) will be so close in age, having them share a room will work out for a couple of years. As of yesterday I decided that we would stick with the pirate themed nursery... I love all of our pirate decor and I really don't want to get rid of it... And I probably never will. But this morning I saw this. They have it for twin beds and for cribs. Decision made.
Tomorrow the housing office will do an inspection of the house we are moving into and by Monday we should know what day we will be moving on base! Woo hoo!!!
And I've really been meaning to talk about this for a while. But the blogs that I read and follow are all listed to the right. About half, or maybe even more, of them contain some of the cutest little girls you will ever see. Reading these blogs and seeing these cute little girls grow are what caused a large amount of my anxiety of the possibility of having a girl. They're all gorgeous. Like, really. They range from about 1 week to not a whole lot older than Eli and they are all adorable. You see these cute little things and think 'oh gosh, I don't want a little girl because there is no way she could be cuter than that!' Or maybe that is just my warped thinking!
Finally, along with another thing or 2 I have given up Facebook for Lent, and quite possible for good. A lot of times I feel like it's just an excuse for people to brag about a new car or how amazing someones life is compared to your crappy one. I don't need to hear about how busy you are folding clothes and washing dishes. Or read your complaining about not having money one post and then your bi-weekly trip to Outback along with the shopping spree at Wal-Mart.
And the biggest one that gets on my nerves is complaining about your husband working overtime. Um, hello! With this economy I'm sure most are thankful for OT!
If I do reactivate it, I will be doing some serious "weeding."
Didn't that last bit sound Oscar the Grouch-ish?
Happy Thursday!
6 comments:
Congrats on the baby boy!! How exciting! (although I'm sure your little girl would be absolutely gorgeous....just look at Eli - he is)!
Giving up facebook - wow! I could probably stand to do that myself since just about every single person who updates their status constantly gets on.my.last.nerve!!
Ha, I am pretty guilty of updating a little too much. I like to think that I'm funny or informational in my posts though, haha
Ok first of all I love the name Andrew and calling him Drew! Love it!
2nd- There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY your little girl wouldn't be cute. In fact she would be gorgeous! Just look at you and Daniel! I mean come on! (Even though it was my fear that Ellie wouldn't be as cute as she is but she has far exceeded my expectations! :) Funny story about my prayer that last all night the night before she was born! I know I am shallow sometimes! And with facebook yeah I am sick of hearing about how bad your life stinks and really I am ok with the positve but the negative gets on my ever loving nerve....there again I know I have been guilty of it a time or 2 but I try not to let that be the overriding theme! :) Anyways I am so glad ya'll are coming back to the states soon!
Leigh, it must be an aunt thing... Lindsey was so concerned with Eli being cuter than any other little boys!
Love the name and I will miss you on FB :) It's my venue for knowing who needs prayers, who's having babies, and who's getting married. I 'weed' as you mentioned and have even de-friended before. I do hope you'll be back after Lent, though, if not I'll always be a follower here. Have a restful and great weekend, sweet one.
Girl you crack me up. You would have a beautiful little girl. Eli is one of the cutest babies I've seen. Two boys will be FUN!!
Fb cracks me up. Sometimes it makes me think everyone's life is perfect and mines sticks BC every day isn't roses like theirs are! Then I realize these people are crazy!
Post a Comment