Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Days like this...

Days like this make me so thankful for everything in my life that I have been blessed with. My material blessings, my spiritual blessings, and most of all my little baby blessings and husband blessing.
Living abroad, my eyes have really been opened to just how much Americans take for granted. We have so many freedoms that are being tossed away one by one, and believe me... I do not want to live like people over here.
Even though when I heard about the shooting at Frankfurt Airport I was already told that Daniel was safe and not involved, I hadn't felt such a sick feeling of pain in my stomach and heart in a long time.
After hearing that the Airman who was killed was actually part of Daniel's unit, it was just too close to home. I have honestly not had such a sick feeling and feeling of loss without having known those involved since 9/11.
Daniel and I talk about his deployment regularly and we always look at it from a money standpoint. We talk about how much we will be able to save and what we will be able to do with the money.
Money will never bring that guy back to his family. It won't ease their pain. It's more of a slap in the face. Because my husband's life means a whole lot more to me than the few thousand dollars going into our bank account.
So tonight, late tonight, when my husband finally comes home, I will hug him. For a really long time. Because knowing that our soldiers, men and women/mothers and fathers, like my husband are still dying and being shot at fighting for our country and all of our well being makes me really proud and sad for the losses of their families at all once. I am so thankful for all of our troops and what they go through to provide freedom and acts like what happened today from happening on our home soil.
God bless America and our Troops :)

8 comments:

LaRae J said...

I've been thinking about you and Daniel; as well as the families effected by the shooting. You are all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Daniel, Brittany and Eli for all your sacrifices for our freedom!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen! We should all be grateful for the men and women (and their families) who ensure the "rest of us" get to enjoy those freedoms. Thank you!

Ashley said...

You have brought tears to my eyes! Thank you, Daniel, for your service...and thank you Brittany for holding down the fort while he does! :)

Heather said...

And we are thankful for Daniel and other soldiers for protecting our freedom, and for spouses such as yourself for standing by them, and taking care of everything while they serve their country. Thank you!!!

Also, I am praying for peace for you and protection for Daniel.

Ollie said...

Glad he was safe! Prayers for your family and all those who fight for our freedom!!

Brittany said...

Thank you all so much. I'm thankful for people like you who ARE thankful for the troops. It always seems there is so much more of a negative towards our military than a positive!

Elena said...

I can not imagine the sacrifices that you military families make for the rest of us! Thank you so much! It definitely takes special people!