THAT, my friends, is how long Eli and I have been together. 24/7, it's always just me and the man. Except for a couple of hours where he has stayed with our parents or a really close friend. But every single day for the past year and 1 month, me and that little guy have been side by side. Showers, make-up applying, hair drying, bathroom using, cooking, cleaning, exercising (hah), shopping and "relaxing." We are always together.
I never realized how important it is to have just a little time to myself. And this Saturday, that is just what I did. And not only was it great for me, but he and his daddy spent the whole entire day together. Daddy had to do everything! Diapers, bottles, nap time, bath time, lunch and supper... which he doesn't get a WHOLE LOT of credit for since it was a take out pizza. But hey... I never said he was a master chef. I think Daniel was interested to experience a typical day for me.
But my day was absolutely amazing. I was invited by a sweet friend to go with her and some of the members of the spouses club to go enjoy a day out in London. We've only been one other time since we've been here and did all the typical touristy stuff. It was nice to just go and really enjoy the city. We went to Portobello Road and did some shopping and browsing. There were SO many gorgeous antiques, and I am not really an antique-y person. But wow. If I was rich and had a way to haul that stuff around for the rest of the day I would have come home with lots and lots. Instead, I got Eli a little antique British soldier. He was so cute and was from 1901. It's crazy to think that the little boy who played with it years and years ago is probably no longer here. We got a little lost after leave Portobello Road and ate lunch at McDonald's so that we could catch our showing of Stomp in time.
I was not too excited about seeing Stomp, especially since Legally Blonde was playing, but oh my gosh. It was amazing. It was also hilarious. They did a lot of crowd interaction type stuff but I can hardly keep a beat in my head much less transfer it to my hands and clap on time. And I'm still mad that I didn't get a souvenir t-shirt. I love t's and I love having t's from different things we've done and experienced... oh well...
Everywhere I looked throughout the day I saw babies or either I saw something that Eli would like or something that just plain old reminded me of him and made me miss him soo much. I truly have so much respect for working moms. I'm so blessed and fortunate that my job is taking care of my baby each and every day. I can't imagine taking care of a household and children PLUS a real full-time job.
At suppertime we ate real Mexican food! It was like being back in the states. The only thing they didn't have is the white queso, which I am guessing is just a southern thang. None of the Mexican restaurants in CA ever had it either. So disappointing! But it was still amazing and I ate enough guacamole for 4 people. Afterwards we headed back to the bus and back to Lakenheath. My little boo boo was already in bed but he was happy to see me the next morning. Which made me feel good!
I guess I'm good to go now for another 13 months....
Oh, and guess what... I took about 3 pictures the whole day and they aren't even good ones... boo.
0 comments:
Post a Comment