Thursday, April 21, 2011

where to begin!?

I think that my last blog was the day we were moving. Well, we are officially in the house with only pictures left sitting around waiting to be hung. They probably won't be for a while though, since I'm no good at such things. However, I did figure out halfway how to get my internet hooked up, with the help from a dear friend.

Perfect timing on the internet getting connected today. Daniel is currently in Qatar waiting to go to the base where he will stay for the next 6 months. He left really early on Tuesday morning. Not only do I hate having to tell him goodbye, I hate even more having to do it at 5am standing in the freezing cold. Eli knows that something is up. He hasn't let me out of his sight for 1 minute since Daniel left. If I am in a room and he leaves, he will return shortly to check on me. He smiles, does a little flirty pose and goes back to his trucks. He is the man of the house so he has to make sure things are OK for mommy.

The past 3 days have absolutely been a blur. We have been up and out the door ever since he left and it's been nice. I haven't given myself time to melt down and maybe I can go without doing that. And if you know me, you know that I am NOT a busy person. I go with the flow and mostly just spend my days playing with Eli. I don't have to stay busy to let someone or even myself know how important I am....you and I already know. (just kidding, guys ;) )

Tomorrow I go for our 24 week check up and see how well Mr Andrew is growing. I can't remember if I posted how the big scan went. But Andrew is definitely still a little boy. Daniel wasn't entirely convinced until the tech confirmed. According to the scales in our bathroom I've gained about 8 or 9 pounds, but I don't trust it. It's always weird. He moves around A LOT. I think even more than Eli ever did. I try and picture what I think he will look like but it's hard, all I can see is Eli's little newborn face. I can't imagine that he will look much different.

The weather here has been so perfect. Definitely hard to be depressed with such beautiful warm sunshine all around. Eli has enjoyed playing in the sprinklers with the dogs and riding his "bike" through the neighborhood. I'm really hoping that England keeps this up.

This post was totally all over the place... Hopefully I can figure out how to upload pictures onto Daniel's computer soon and post them. Of course they're all of the cutest little boy ever and I figured the blog world was having withdrawls not getting to see his adorable face. Daniel took my computer to the desert so he can do his school work. He's being a good boy and getting that master's!

Be sure to keep him and ALL the deployed soldier's safety in your prayers. He isn't in what's considered a "hot spot" but it's definitely a small, crappy base that you don't ever hear about. And as far as I'm concerned, every place "over there" is a hot spot!

That's all for now!

3 comments:

DustyandBrooke said...

I seriously do not know how you do it! I'm praying that you can stay busy (but still get lots of rest) and that time flies until Daniel gets home...but not so fast that Eli grows up too fast! Does that make sense?

Louise said...

Thinking and praying about y'all!!! Hope the appt. goes well!!! Can't wait to hear more about little Andrew and see more of sweet Eli!!! :)

Lisa Colley said...

Britty..I am so glad you are back to blogging, I have missed your stories! Eli has grown so much, it's unbelievable. I love your house and the yard is awesome. I bet Eli doesn't ever want to come inside, does he? I can't wait to see you, please give my love to Daniel!!! xo