I so wish that I had something interesting to blog about. It's already mid-January and this is my first blog of the year...I was really hoping I would be doing more. We have been in and out of Dr's offices and the ER about 6 or 7 times since the new year began, so maybe that's where all my time is going... along with breathing treatments every 6 hours and antibiotic and steroid administrations. Can you tell it's been a BLAST over here? I am SO ready for warmer weather. We are going crazy staying cooped up in this house! But staying in has forced me to do LOTS of organizing, purging, playing and laughing with my babies (not forced), and somewhere in between having supper started and cooked when Daniel gets home. Which brings me to this... we have literally only eaten out about 4 times in the past month and a half...most of those meals have been either Burger King or the pizza place here on base, actually all of them have been! Daniel and I are SO bad about eating out. We use to eat out at least once a week after Eli was born. Before he came along...it was more like 3 or 4 times a week. Yikes! I have definitely noticed that cooking at home (even when you aren't cooking "healthy" meals) you are still eating a lot less calories than you would at a restaurant. And last night a friend and I started working out... OMG, I am sooo out of shape. I ran about a quarter of a mile to meet up with her and was totally out of breath. We walked a little and then started running again and I KNOW she was probably thinking my fat a** was slowing her down. No...probably not, she's really nice. But I know she probably felt sorry for me. We ran to the gym got on the ellipticals, got our fitness on and when I stepped of that machine, holy crap. I probably looked like a drunk person trying to walk sexy. Jell-o legs. We worked out on some weight machines, clashing the weights with every rep... And got some ugly looks from muscle guys. A guy who stands about 5'2 wearing those toe shoes asked if we minded sharing a machine with him... We just gave it to him. Oh and btw, he had gel in his hair. Who does that? Bleh... anyways, I have told you all this to tell you THIS:
I. Am. So. Sore. Today.
I love my babies, but holy cow. Being pregnant did some horrible things to my body. Things that they should show you in sex ed in HS... That's the kind of stuff they need to be showing these young girls. Then they wouldn't all be graduating with a newborn on their hips. But then again... Those young girls bounce back quick. Maybe that is the way to do it... OK, I am rambling now.
In less than 1 month my little Eli is going to be 2 years old! It seems just like yesterday he was Andrew's age rolling around on the floor. He is growing so, so fast. I'm going to go hug him now...and change his diaper. I am so ready for potty training. Diapers were not meant to hold some things....
1 comments:
You need to blog more because you are cracking me up!!!! Sorry for all the sickness...it's so terrible to watch your baby be sick.
And I completely agree about pregnancy....it has a way of ruining a good body!!! At least for a time, anyways!!!
Post a Comment