OK, so the whole "private" thing didn't work out. Some people could log-on, others couldn't and it was more of a headache than I really want to deal with. I kind of feel like I'm going back on my word, but oh well. Sometimes you just read crazy stuff and it freaks you out, or it does me anyway.
An added bonus to my blog being public is that lots of people can read what I'm about to tell you. This is my little cousin Chloe Gay.

Our dads are brothers, but her dad is only a couple years older than me so I'm more like her aunt. She just turned 4 and for the past several months she's been having really severe seizures. Doctors found a mass on her brain not long after they started and this poor kid has gone from one medication to the next and had her diet drastically altered, but the seizures still return and are just as bad. Since it was just a mass and not cancer, surgery seemed to be a really huge risk. It would/will (if she has to have it eventually) more than likely leave her blind and could cause other complications because its location is in such tough spot.
I got an e-mail from my mom yesterday and soon they will be putting her in the hospital to take her off of her medicine to monitor the seizures and do more brain scans. Since the medicines haven't been doing their job, now they are starting to think tumor. And of course to know for sure, a biopsy would have to be done and that alone is a terrifying thought.
I'm only writing this from things my mom and grandparents have told me so some of the specifics may be a little off. All I know is that Chloe needs all of the prayers and thoughts she can receive... along with her parents John and Holly and her brother Clay. They are such a precious family and obviously no one deserves to go through something like this, but they especially don't. Chloe is one of the sweetest kids I've ever met. She is unbelievably silly and not to mention gorgeous. So please, add her to you prayer lists at church, keep her in your thoughts. And just be so thankful that every time you look into your babies eyes, you know that he or she is healthy and nothing is more important than that. I can't imagine how John and Holly feel and I pray that both you and I will never know. Thankfully we serve a mighty and powerful God and I know that they are all in His hands.
1 comments:
Thanks Britt, this was really sweet and made me cry. We love y'all and really appreciate all the prayers...
Holly
Post a Comment