Even though I've "known" for a while, yesterday it really hit me...
Eli understands so much of what we say.
For the past couple of weeks whenever I tell Eli we need to go change his diaper, he tootles right on back to his room and stands a few feet from his changing table. I use to just pick him up in the middle of whatever he was doing and just tell him we were going to change his diaper. Even after he started walking. I'm not sure how we evolved to him actually walking to the room himself but yesterday it just amazed me. I had not even told Daniel about it until a couple days ago because it just hadn't sunk in that we had a new little routine.
We are working on body parts. He's really good at finding everyone's noses but he has no interest in belly button or ears or anything else... But that's fine. Eli only has a nose for now. ;)
He understands what talking on the phone is. He knows that he's pretending because if my phone actually does ring he grabs it and brings it to me. He even will race me for it just so he can actually be the one to pick it up and hand it to me.
He hums along with a lot of the songs we sing during the day. When we sing "This little light of mine" he holds his little finger up and waves it around. When he's playing with his cars and trucks, his trucks make a louder noise than the cars. And he always brings the same book about tractors to sit in my lap and look at with me. Is that coincidence or does he understand that we talk about Grandpa's tractor when we look at it?
I wonder what else he understands.
It makes me think of the Sunday school song we use to sing "Oh be careful little..." and you would insert with each verse "eyes what you see, mouth what you say, ears what you hear, hands what you do, feet where you go..." Good little song. Even better for mommies and daddies to remember!
1 comments:
I will have this song in my head the rest of the day! How true it is though...it's really more of a parent song...anything I do Emma(and soon Luke) will attempt. :)
Post a Comment