It's finally here!!!!!
Our packers arrived at 8 am and it's only 9:30 and two rooms are already packed! But I can't tell you how stressful it is for me to sit around and just watch. I'm not totally organized, but I do know where my stuff is... Even if it's under a pile of clean laundry that's been sitting on the ironing board for 3 days. I just get so tense and twitchy...
3 more rooms...
At least I don't have to pack it though. It would take me hours just to do one room. I would be too worried about things going into the same box that won't be in the exact same location as each other when they become unpacked...
Our new house is absolutely amazing. I feel like it's OK to brag about it a little since we don't own it or anything. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 and a half baths, and HUGE kitchen, the laundry room is 6 times the size of the one we have now AND we can actually fit a car plus Daniel's motorcycle in our garage! We have a regular sized fridge, oven, stove and dishwasher... all were tiny little British ones in this house. But I think best of all is the back yard. Eli actually has grass to run around on. It's kind of sad that he's a little weary of the grass though, but we just don't have any in our yard now and he's not used to it.
My only problem... I am going to have to get a large area rug for the living room. And curtains. I've put off buying curtains for long enough and I am just not great at decorating. I'm going to have to enlist some help from my more design savvy friends. But the reason for the large rug is that the whole down stairs is WHITE. TILE. Yeah... I'm going to be buying a lot of the Swiffer Wet refills. I can feel it.
So anyway, just had to share my excitement of the big move today. Thank God it's a sunny day. I was convinced it would rain and make this really fun.
Here are just a few pictures I took yesterday in all the excitement of possessing the keys to the house.
Looking into the kitchen from the dining area
Eli out back, and part of the yard
I was standing in the living room area looking into where the dining area will be. I like that it's all open but it's laid out a little weird.
front of the house, or at least the left side of it!
And for some reason all of my pictures are cut into half. Sorry!
And this is how we are currently keeping ourselves busy! Is that laugh not the best?!?
1 comments:
I'm so happy for y'all! yay for moving day. Eli is going to have a ball when he gets used to the grass. Congratulations again!
Post a Comment