Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hot Wheels leading the way & Our weekend

Well friends, once again I have uploaded the pictures backwards.


Oh well.

First off, let me begin with this little story. It's a story about a little boy who will obviously grow up to be a typical man who rushes his woman to get herself dressed and out the door in a timely matter. For him, it's as soon as you say, "let's go byebye." I am starting to learn that I must get myself and his snacks and drinks and whatever requirements we must travel along with ready before making the statement. If not, he sits at the door yelling mama for 10 minutes and follows me around with a whiny little voice that is longing to use real words and say "get your @&& out the door NOW." He usually gets a pop on the leg and quits crying once the house door is unsealed. The end.


I'm afraid I'll have to keep taking ages to get ready so that when he marries, she won't have to live up to a standard of her MiL who gets ready at the speed of light. I'm giving her the greatest gift in doing so. She will have a lot to work with.


Today Eli and I got up and went to the BXtra where they have all the cool stuff you don't really need. Eli had been an angel this morning, since I threw on clothes without showering, fixing my hair or applying any make-up whatsoever. I just wanted to get out of the house since it was another gorgeous day here. Since I have a hard time not spoiling him even more he got 2 new motorcycles and a 5-pack of Hot Wheels. He held them the whole time we were in the store just admiring them. I watched his little fingers point at each car, just longing to play with them. He handed them to the little old man working the check out and stared with his huge brown eyes waiting for them to be handed back. Apparently this gentlemen was experienced with checkouts involving small children receiving prizes and promptly handed them back.


Usually Eli goes buck wild in the food court but while we were standing in line at Burger King I noticed he was frozen to my leg. There was a little, well not really little, but an old man behind us. He was waiting to put water bottles in the cooler at the check out. I think he was a little special because Eli was absolutely terrified of him. He wouldn't even look at him without turning away quickly. It's always embarrassing for stuff like that to happen. I am hoping that the man just thought he was shy, which Eli is normally not.


This is only about 1/4 (maybe even less) of all of Eli's cars and trucks.



He pushed them around in this little thing all afternoon like they were his pride and joy. And I guess they sort of are.



Saturday we went into Bury St Edmonds and ate lunch, browsed through stores and went to the abbey garden. I tried REALLY hard to get a good picture of E, but he knows that boys don't pose next to pretty flowers. No way! Plus it's not easy trying to keep up with him while snapping pictures and pushing a stroller!





I could just swim in those eyes. We went to my favorite place to eat lunch and have tea. He was so good. We kind of quit going out to eat because he always wants to get down and run around. I think that it's because Daniel is normally with us and he knows that his dad will give in or something. He was the perfect gentleman and lunch date



1 comments:

Annie said...

that last picture is precious! look at those big beautiful eyes!