Sunday, May 8, 2011

I was made for this...

Eli. He is truly the funniest little thing that God has ever placed in my path on my journey through life. Yesterday we were listening to his cd of Sunday school songs in the car and Father Abraham was playing. His little melon head was banging right along. That beat was just waaaay too catchy. Next the Wise Man came on and he was in the back seat just-a building his house on that rock. Those little arms couldn't be contained. About a week ago we were out shopping and it was time to go home even though Eli was not ready. I turned on his cd and his favorite, This Little Light of Mine, was playing. Even though he was in the back screaming bloody murder acting like someone had told him he'd never see another Hot Wheels again, his little finger (light) was going around and around. Even though his light wasn't really shining, he tried.

Bath time is my favorite. Or just right after bath time. After Eli has gotten out of the tub for as long as I can remember, I hold him all snuggled up and we look in the mirror and I talk about how much I love my clean baby. He loves it, and that makes me love doing it even more. He lays his head on me and admires what an awesome pair we make in that mirror, or at least I pretend that is what he's thinking about. He's probably admiring his good looking little self. And even now that he knows he isn't a "baby" he still will let me cradle him and talk baby talk to him during this time. As soon as the pajamas are on it's back to big boy Eli.

I love when we are out in public and Eli behaves. Yesterday we were at a bizaar and for the most part he was an angel. He rode around in his stroller and waved at everyone like he was some famous bachelor waving to all of his adoring fans. It wasn't an eager wave, but one of acknowledgment. His smile wasn't toothy, but flirty. His eyes would squint a little bit, he just made everyones day. A lady told me that he had the face of a cherub angel. I kind of laughed and then looked down at him. And of course she was right. His little cheeks were so pink and his eyes were twinkling. I decided right then that he would be getting a new Hot Wheels later for just being so adorable. (Surely I'm not going to ruin my kid with a 96 cent toy every once in a while?)

Everytime I look at him or feel Andrew move, I know that this is the life I was made for. I'm so thankful that I can celebrate Mother's day with such a beautiful, healthy, happy child. I've never wanted anything more than to have a family of my own to love and care for and I can't thank God enough for this blessing.

1 comments:

DustyandBrooke said...

This is so sweet and puts being a mommy into words so perfectly! Wishing safe travels for you to the U.S.!! I know you'll be relieved to have a little break!