Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh, little boy...

As much as I may feel cut out for this mom thing... I wonder sometimes what God was thinking when he placed Eli with me. See, I am a VERY cautious person. I have an extremely difficult time making big decisions, and even some small ones, without dwelling on possible outcomes. However, I have been entrusted with the life of a daredevil. I don't know what Daniel did to his mother, but I am paying for it.


He climbs.... like a freaking monkey. Onto EVERYTHING.

He eats anything. Old raisins, check. Whatever that was in his car seat, check. Rocks, check.

He jumps off of the couch headfirst onto our tiled floor.

He falls constantly, his legs are mostly scrapes and bruises.


And this morning, he got his first bloody nose. He was spinning like a tornado waiting on me to finally get all of our stuff together and all of a sudden... BAM, face-planted right into a bar on the dining table chair. At first I thought he hit his mouth so I immediately checked to make sure all teeth were still in tact. They were. Thank God. But then, he really started crying and when he breathed out through his nose... blood gushed everywhere. Thankfully there is only a small bruise on the side, I was thinking his eyes may have gotten blackened but nothing has happened yet and it was over 4 hours ago.


I'm hoping that since he is so intelligent that he will realize that had he just been a patient little boy and not rush mommy, that wouldn't have happened. I'm not betting on it though...just hoping.

0 comments: