It has been 4 days since sweet little Andrew has entered into the world. It seems like these past few days have been a whirlwind and lasted forever at the same time.
I went in Tuesday night/Wednesday morning at midnight for the induction and was all hooked up and ready to go at 1 am. And can I please just ask, is it just me or does everyone always get stuck with drop dead gorgeous nurses when it comes time for the most embarrassing and exposing thing you will ever do in your life? Why can't I get the old fat lady? Why do I have to be the one who has to make the skinny, gorgeous nurse feel even better about herself?
Anyways, around 2 I was really feeling the contractions so I got some pain medicine via IV and it helped...for about 45 minutes. Not wanting to get my epidural just yet, I asked for another does of the apparently Tylenol strength medicine to course through my veins. I waiting 20 minutes and it never kicked in. I called the nurse and told her I would like my epidural NOW and I was all kinds of jacked up around 4 AM when I was numb from my chest down. At 5:30/6 I was checked again and I was only at a 4. I called my MIL and FIL who were on their way to let them know that it would probably still be a while and since they were in Sylacauga not to worry about speeding. My inlaws arrived a little before 8 AM and then my Dr came in shortly after asking everyone to leave so he could check my progress. Everyone walks out and as soon as he checked me my water broke. Even still I figured I was at a 7 at the most. My progress with Eli was extremely slow so I wasn't getting my hopes up this time around.
Well guess what, it was time to start pushing. My mom and MIL came back into the room and were informed to get into their battle stations. We got Daniel on Skype and I started pushing. After barely 20 minutes later, the greatest feeling I had ever expeienced only 18 months ago was back. I was a mommy to a perfect little 6 lbs 15 oz little boy with lots of black hair. Daniel was able to stay connected for over 2 hours and experience everything with us. We are barely ever able to stay connected for 20 minutes so it was such a blessing that there was no interruption with the not so dependable Skype.
My dad was at home with Eli, who normally is up with the sun. At 8 am my dad was still trying to pry Eli out of bed. They got to the hospital just after Kangaroo time, which was really awesome and something I didn't have with Eli. E was not too impressed with the newest addition to our little family but was pretty upbeat about all of his new Big Brother prizes waiting on him. BY THE WAY, this was the FIRST time that Eli and I had EVER been apart over night. And to make matter worse I wouldn't be coming home until Friday and he went home with my inlaws Friday night and will be coming home sometime this afternoon.
I have missed that kid SO much. I have gotten a little glimpse of how sad it is for Daniel not getting to hug and kiss him every day like I am blessed to do. Only 3 more months until he is home with us and we journey back to the mother land. By the way, Andrew will be the same age Eli was when we first moved.
0 comments:
Post a Comment