since you looked at me...
Or rather since the number of lives I am responsible for has doubled. It's been really easy and really hard at the same time. Eli came home from his grandparents Sunday evening and he was not prepared for the transition he was about to make. After two or three hours he finally decided he would cooperate and be the good little Eli he always is.
Night 1: (@ home)
A sinch. Andrew woke up twice. Ah, such a perfect baby.
Night 2:
Hell. Andrew woke up every hour on the hour and nursed for about 40 minutes. That means I was getting about 20-30 minutes of sleep at a time. Not cool, Andrew... not. cool.
Nights 3-5:
They have gradually gotten better, he is eating at a predictable every 2-2.5 hours. Much better
So let me just say... Daniel is the best daddy ever and he is sorely missed this time around. He would get up with me in the night and change Eli after he ate and heat up bottles or anything else I needed. My mom... she is a heavy sleeper. But she does keep Eli entertained during Andrew's meal times so I am always thankful when his 30 pound self isn't jumping on me and slapping my very sore chest when I'm feeding the baby.
On Monday we took Andrew back to the Dr for his first check-up and his weight was only 2 oz away from when he was first born. He lost 8 in the hospital. I told the Dr that he wakes up in the night sometimes like he is gasping for air. I either thought it may be because of reflux or he truly wasn't breathing. They sent us to home health and for the next week and a half Andrew will be hooked up to a monitor that keeps up with his heart rate and breathing. If he quits breathing an alarm goes off. Last night it went off... I'm not sure what the next step will be when we get the results but please say a prayer that it isn't serious or even anything at all.
Now that I think I'm caught up on all of our exciting news I've got to go love on my babies.
2 comments:
We will be praying for y'all!!!
Post a Comment