In case you're not up on all the abbreviations you find on online discussions boards and mommy blogs the title of this post is "Semi-Single Mommy of Two Babies Under Two." It took me forever to figure out what DH, DD, DS and LO stand for. In case you don't know either- Dear Husband/Son/Daughter and Little One. I know that no one like to read the "today we (insert long list of boring things you did today)" type posts but today has been such an accomplishment. It started out AWFUL with Eli waking up like the Tazmanian Devil on steroids after losing all his money in Vegas. My precious mother decided to go in to work a couple hours late and helped me tame the beast. After his belly was filled he was a whole other child. He was placing dropped pacis in the babies mouth, throwing away wet diapers (I'm afraid he would play in a dirty one...) and just being a ham. We dropped my mom off at work and headed to the Health Dept to pick up Andrew's birth cert and I'll be darned if Eli didn't sit in his chair like the champ of a big brother I always knew he would be. He got up only to flirt with the clerk and hold Andrew's bottle while I paid. As if that weren't enough, he ate a whole Rice Crispy treat on the way home while keeping the part he was holding in the wrapper. NO STICKY FINGERS! E haaaaaates sticky fingers. He passed out about 2 miles from the house and is currently still asleep in the bed. Am I dreaming? Can it really be this easy to be a SSMoTBUT? If I can get 1 good day like this every 3 weeks it's totally worth it... But then again, it is only 11 am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment