Thursday, June 13, 2013

Guess who's back! And it ain't Slim Shady

Well, after much deliberation... a couple pushes from family and friends... and the fact that the (little) boys aren't as curious about what I do on the computer, I am rejoining the blogging world! We are back in AMERICA and it feels so GOOD. Just to sum up, after 3 years of living in England we received orders to Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City. Somewhere around 800+ miles to Cragford, Alabama which comes to about a 14 to 16 hour drive with a 3 and almost 2 year old. I'm so blessed they don't mind riding. I guess that the Lord knew what he was doing placing these two into an ever changing environment. Eli, however, is incredibly confused. We've gone from my parents' home, to Daniels' to hotel, to hotel. I know he (and Drew who cares about very little) will be ecstatic to get all of their toys and things back. I think they are now under the impression they only own a few cars, action figures and crayons. This makes me happy that they are content with having very little. 
Daniel and I thought it was time to grow up. So we bought a house. Or, we are buying a house. We sign the closing papers tomorrow. I am so incredibly nervous because I never thought we would buy until we were out of the military life and staying in one place (which also gives me anxiety). But, the market here is great and we found a house that we are absolutely in love with. It's in a great area with the best schools in the OKC area. I was in complete denial to begin with that we would even have to consider schools. I have babies. But in 2 years Eli will be ready for that...it's a lifetime away so I'm finished talking about it.
 Anyway, the house was built in '07 so it has a few things to update or rather that just need upgrading and I am SUPER excited about that. Daniel, I don't think he is. Except that he will get to get new tools to do the things I want. 
So... I will close with a few pictures. Most everyone who reads this is on my FB so forgive me that they're the same ones you've probably already seen ;) 

Our new home!




These guys were so excited to hit the beach!



Dad was ordained as a Deacon last Sunday. 






Drew started napping on his own!


The boys' first trip to Chris'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Im so glad your blog is back! You are such a talented writer. I'm thinking you should right a book or something?

Nancy Hood said...

I'm so happy you've found time to return to the blogging world :) and congrats on being stateside. In a house of your own, no less!!