I can't be the only one who gets my left hand painted and then
bam...
all of a sudden everyone in the world needs something from me.
from my hands...
I carefully do each task required with my right hand...
the left slowly drying.
not one of the "dry in 30 second" colors appeal to me.
no, my heart loves the ones that take a half day to dry.
the colors that no pinterest magic trick can instantly dry... not for me anyway.
i smirk as i hand out one zippy cup, now two.
carefully change a diaper
wipe a butt whose owner has been yelling from the bathroom
on the other side of the house for 3 minutes.
still, left hand looking perfect.
ding dong
someone is at the door!
slip on a pair of jeans...yoga pants have pancake batter on them
crap, index finger smudged.
open the door
"oh thanks, we've found jesus. have a nice day"
(and thanks for ruining my nail...)
rush to bathroom/operating roon to repair nail.
there.
perfect.
I dare to begin on the right hand, one stroke in...
''i'm ready for lunch'' one tiny voice proclaims.
chicken nuggets for one,
pb&j for another.
slide on a eye patch here!
tie a bandana there...
goodbye pinky, ring, and thumb.
I try to just wipe clean but enough has dried to leave goopy remnants of
the rubies once shining on the end of my digits.
cotton balls and acetone,
scrub, scrub...
"there is a hair on my tongue! get it"
"WHAT IS THAT ON YOU HANDS!? AGH, I AM DYING. YOU POISON ME!"
brush baby teeth, swish with kiddy mouthwash.
all better....
natural nails today.
1 comments:
I admire you for even trying!!! I never wore nail polish, and I only one. Highly admire stay at home moms with more than one. I look at Jenny, with three, and think 'wow, how does she get it all done?!'. Kudos, kudos :)
I know you were frustrated, but your post made me giggle. heehee
Post a Comment