So much has changed since my last post.
For instance... We now have a fish... and a dog.
The fish was from my parents. So thoughtful, I know. But actually, I have become very attached to it. Is that weird? I don't think it's weird that the boys love it, they're kids. Kids like fish.
But I find myself talking to it when I am feeding it...
I think that might be weird.
It's kind of therapeutic watching it swim around though.
He is a very fancy looking little red and blue Beta fish.
There was another one, but it died shortly after arriving at the Land abode. Drew was handed the container with his fish and it was shaken violently given lots of hugs and just couldn't handle the love Drew had to offer.
Eli had named his fish Batman and Drew named his Nemo (such originality over here).
After Drew's fish went to fishy heaven, he continued to call Eli's fish Nemo. Eli told me one day that he was just going to change his fish's name to Nemo since Drew wouldn't understand that his fish died and it was really Batman in the tank.
Um, is he really 3?
Then about 2 days ago Eli told me that he would be calling his fish Batman again but Drew could still call it Nemo, even though it was not Nemo.
OK, I guess he is 3.
The sweet little puppy is a rescue from the OKC shelter. We went looking for a medium size dog, and we came home with a little mutt that weighed about 3lbs and the biggest thing about him is his ears. Thanks to the suggestion of an aunt, we named him Spock. Andrew calls him "Pocks" or "Box"... We have a hard time telling which it is.
He has been pretty easy to potty train, hallelujah. And thankfully if he does pee, he does it on the tile waiting by the door for someone to let him out. Failure on our part.
But back to Andrew's birthday... What fun.
This was the first time EVER that we have had both sets of grandparents (or any family, my sister was here too) with us to celebrate a birthday for one of the boys. It was so wonderful. It was even more wonderful that I didn't have to buy any decorations for the party.
Eli's (and Drew's since I used the same one) nursery was decorated in pirate theme
and not too long after he was born my MIL found a ton of pirate party stuff on sale at Hobby Lobby and sent it to us. Each year Eli was in to something different and when Drew turned 1 I wanted something a little "cuter" and not so "big boy".
I don't even think that the boys realized there was a party theme. I think from now on I am just going to blow up some balloons and hand them their cake. That is all they cared about anyway.
Eli has taught himself his ABCs thanks to an iPad app... I tried to teach him...really, I did. I would sing them going down the road, at lunch, while playing. I would have him repeat back to me after each letter. He would never say them by himself. He started playing a game where Elmo teaches you the alphabet and guess what... He knows them now.
Although, he does forget that DEFG are in there but hey... progress.
I have to start blogging more. The kids say and do such funny and ridiculous stuff every day. I hate that I make a Facebook status, a tweet or Instagram picture the way I "share" when I really want to blog it. I just hardly ever turn on the computer and blogging from an iPhone or tablet are not things that really interest me. There is usually a lot more behind the quick update that I will want (and probably forget) to remember later.
Daniel and I could have slept until 10 (it's just 9am now) this morning. We stayed up late watching Netflix. After the boys were in bed we watched an episode of Breaking Bad--we are having a hard time getting into it. After that was over we were a little depressed so we watched an episode of Freaks and Geeks (Daniel has NEVER seen this show! If you haven't it is on Netflix, you will love seeing some of your favorite stars way back when). Our precious little Andrew came into our room sometime after midnight and got into our bed. I don't remember it but at 2 when the dog was whining to go out to pee, there he was right in between us. Then at 6 am, this little doll face is yelling "Let's watch trucks!" He is obsessed with watching Monster Jam rallies on Youtube. He's such a little hillbilly.
After breakfast and coffee the guys started building a monster truck track.
Watching them laughing and playing in the floor put me in a much better mood.

1 comments:
Great to have you back :)
Post a Comment