That's right folks! Eli is WALKING! He started toddling around the night before his first birthday but today he has been determined to get this down pat! During his morning Skype with GG and Papa, he showed off his new skill and it only got better at the day went on! He was walking around the kitchen while I was trying to get his dinner ready tonight and has been showing the living room who's boss!!!
Since Daniel is away he was really bummed, but still excited that our big boy has decided to master the vertical form of transport. He asked had I videoed any of it and I had not. It's hard trying to encourage a kid to walk AND hold a video camera still enough to make viewers not want to puke. I tried setting it up on the table but my big butt kept getting in the way, and let's face it... I've not showered or anything today so I am looking super good. Here is just a little snippet of how we've spent our day. And this is literally what we have done ALL DAY, of course with a break or two for Mickey Mouse and diaper changes. He is so proud of himself and so am I. Afterwards, he always comes over and gives me a hug and kiss. Hopefully he'll always be like that, right?
****Off the subject: right now I'm typing one-handed and feeding Eli a bottle with the other, I raised my arm to scratch my forehead with my shoulder and Eli left a wad of snot on my shirt that is now in my hair... Enjoy that...****
So, without further ado, here is Eli walking!!!!!
*please excuse my annoying voice and I normally roll up his pants so that he isn't walking on them like so*
And lastly, something I've not addressed in my blog yet...our GREEN carpet. Surely you've noticed it. Jealous, aren't you? I've seen it in several British houses... I don't understand the attraction but it's really easy to clean.
1 comments:
Yay Eli! Let the really fun times begin! :)
Post a Comment