For some unknown reason, E REFUSES to wear socks. They will only last about 2-3 minutes, sometimes 5 if he's trying to please me. On Sunday Eli kept going out into the sun room where the dogs are staying and it was pretty cold out there (we've turned on the heat now). Eli wasn't wearing socks and I kept thinking to myself, he's going to get sick being out there without shoes or socks on.
The following morning he woke up with a cough and I'm guessing a sore throat since he makes a sad face whenever he swallows food.
I'm not going to lie, being that we usually don't go anywhere during the day, we usually wear PJs all day long. Unless it's nice enough to play outside. I try to keep him in footed PJs but once again I am not going to lie, I have about 10 loads of laundry that I need to do and his footed jammers are most likely in one of the piles.
I can justify our massive laundry overload with the fact that our miniature washing machine only holds about 3 or 4 items! It takes about an hour and a half to wash one "load" of clothes on the lightest cycle but some items have food or dirt ground into them and require a longer cycle. It takes twice as long to dry a load than wash so I always end up with a pile of wet clean clothes waiting to be dried.... Excuses, excuses. Right?
Anyway. Back to Eli's bare feet. Today I sat and watched him as he tore his socks off and now I know why he likes his tootsies free.
But I can't lie. I do love his little feet. They are so monkey-ish. I think it's because the big toe is so big and he always has it stuck straight up.
His toes needed some play time too!
On to trains! Lately Eli has been obsessed with the Thomas the train we bought him for Christmas. He totes it everywhere and has to show it to everyone. Yesterday we received a package from Grandma and inside were the PJs he's sporting in these pics. He pulled them out of the box and let out a big squeal and an "oooooooh!" (these jumped to the front of the washing line and he was able to put them on this morning since last night he slept in his diaper.)
I love that little pot-bellied boy!
2 comments:
He is so cute!!!! And Ellie thinks that her feet need playtime too!!! :)
He's so stinking adorable - and he just looks like such a big boy with that haircut! Avery Claire is the same way with shoes - she has an obsession with getting them off!
Post a Comment